The current version number is: 4.091210
This script was created to utilize Amazon's Web Services to provide
a real-time listing of books or other items on your site that provide links for your visitors to purchase these items from Amazon US, UK, DE, JP, FR or CA, using your affiliate code. This script parses Amazon's XML feed to provide search results and bestseller listings in HTML for your visitors.
- Free ( as in beer ) - Open Source GPL license ( as in freedom ).
- Easy - put your associate id in the script and your affiliate store is fully stocked and ready to run.
- Simple - the script only requires that Perl be installed on your server.
- Cross-platform - versions of this script are known to be running on both Linux/Apache and Windows/IIS.
- Flexible - control the operation of the script through how you link to it.
- Customizable - change the look and feel of the results through simple HTML template files.
- Established - thousands of web sites are currently running their own Web store with this script.
- Multi-lingual - change the language by editing a simple text file. Currently known to be running on sites in English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Multi-national - works with Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.jp, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.fr.
- Scalable - change a single setting to increase or decrease the cache size to trade between speed and disk space.
- Promotional - all of the searches are automatically cross linked throughout the results for suggestive selling.
- Efficient - many users have remarked how this script returns results faster then shopping directly at Amazon. Now it's even faster with cached results and prices that are updated hourly.
- Extensive - many ways to list the products you want. Browse all products, list selected products by ASIN, or search by many different methods. Even search for third party products by condition and ASIN or by seller.
- Reliable - the script has been programmed to not make any sales if it cannot find an Associate ID. So that we have done our best to ensure that you get credit for every sale.
- Safe - no URL input is directly used to access your server. All URL input is sanitized to deter hacking.
- You can see the script in action on MrRat's site displaying Books on Web Services , Mr Rat's Wishlist , or All Bestselling Products
- We are not a graphic artists, we are barely a programmers. So don't judge the quality of the program by how ugly the HTML is, look at what Other Sites are doing with this script
Unpack the files in your cgi-bin directory and then immediately run /cgi-bin/apf4/apf_config.cgi to set your password and Associate ID.
More detailed instructions are available in the Installation & Beginner's Guide to get you started.
That's all you have to do. The main script itself should now be available at
The script will now allow your visitors to search and browse through millions of bestselling items from Amazon.com
But wait, there's lots more you can do with this script.
For a smaller, simpler solution for displaying a single product, or even just the image or price, you may want to check out the APF Banner script included in the release archive.
You can discuss this script and occasionally obtain limited free support at Amazon Products Feed Support Forum
If you wish to purchase support for the installation and/or customization of this script DeanMarshall.co.uk is the official third-party provider of these services.
A fully hosted store that requires no installation or maintenance from you is available from eBiz-U.com
Work is now underway on a PHP replacement for this script. It can be found at Project TiNA - PHP Amazon Associates Script .